This is one real exotic delicacy! I've never tasted one of this better than those prepared by the Cuyapenos!
1 k. goat innards (lamang loob). Add goat meat (preferably with skin)
1 head whole garlic
1 thumb-size ginger, crushed
3 ginger, cut into strips
1 head garlic, chopped
2 medium size onion, chopped
1 bundle spring onion, chopped
Tamarind to taste, or vinegar. Calamansi is a good alternative
Siling labuyo, chopped
Fish sauce (patis), salt, pepper to taste
- Wash the goat innards (lamang loob), set aside small intestine or isaw.
- Boil the meat and innards for 10 - 15 minutes. Add garlic and crushed ginger. Discard liquid and drain. Keep aside to cool down.
- Boil the small intestines (isaw) for 10-15 minutes. Remove from casserole, drain and let cool.
- Keep aside green liquid from boiled isaw for papait
- Cut into small slices all goat innards and meat
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion, garlic and ginger
- Add in goat meat and innards. Stir cook for 8-10 minutes or until it start to render fat
- Add patis and stir cook for another 3-5 minutes
- Add in enough water to cover innards and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until tender, add more water as necessary
- Add siling labuyo, tamarind or vinegar mix and papait (half quantity at time and taste sourness and bitterness add more as required)
- Boil for 3-5 more minutes
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with spring onion
- Serve hot!